I’ve been thinking about handmade iphone cases for a while and finally sewed this handmade iphone case because I’m always losing my phone in my bag! Now, I have it clipped onto a keyring that is attached to the handle of my bag. I can just pop my hand in and pull it out, like a magician who whips the rabbit out of a hat. Alakazam! Perhaps you might like to make one too?
1. Cut out two pieces of felt in your choice of colour. Measure your template by tracing around your phone, then add a seam allowance of 1.5 cm on the two sides and base of the rectangle. Leave a seam allowance of 2.5 cm at the top.
2. Cut out your retro telephone template from blue felt. (The receiver is separate from the base.) Cut a round circle for the dial area.
3. Cut out the letters T E L from red felt.
5. Fold over the top of the felt twice to make a sturdy opening, then use straight stitch to hold it in place.
6. On the second piece of felt, cut a small hole like so, about 1/2 to 1 cm from the top.
7. Make a buttonhole using blanket stitch.
8. To complete the case, place the front and back pieces together and blanket stitch all the way around.
9. Add a circle keyring to the hole, then attach it to the inside of your handbag so you’ll never lose your phone again!
So far, so good.